Sunday 9 March 2014

Sunday - the saddest day of the week.

I find Sundays depressing (that's too strong a word... let's go with sad).

This is mainly for two reasons.

1. Its the last day of the weekend, meaning I have to go back to work and face the nutty assortment that is my class, who have spent the weekend watching far too much telly and eating far too little that is not sugar coated.

2. It makes me realise how much stuff I've now got to do next weekend because I spent Saturday reading a book or watching Project Runway/House of Cards/New Girl (depending on how much I need to veg out/go braindead).

Weekends never truly are long enough. One more day would be lovely, and who would it hurt?? Just an extra day to mark the writing books that don't have ANY punctuation in them. Or to clean my kitchen, which is starting to resemble a war zone.

Or perhaps, god forbid, GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND DO SOMETHING THAT NORMAL PEOPLE DO. LIKE FEED DUCKIES IN A PARK WITH DELICIOUS BREAD.

(who am I kidding. I would eat the bread.)

Anyway, another weekend is over and a new week (and new blog) has started. 

Welcome to my world. It is one with many SHOUTY CAPITALS and a large dose of sarcasm. It includes witty humour that only 10 year olds find funny (and does NOT go down well in hipster bars in Newtown...) and possibly a few practically genius pedagogical ideas on my behalf.

(that was a joke. See, run now while you can, it can only get worse from here.)

These are the tales from my classroom - a room of many giggles and silly stories, but also one that fosters a culture of thinking, encourages deep understanding and pushes students to be the best they can (and then takes them further!)

As I said, it's Sunday night - one for reflective statements and large glasses of red, and to hang the washing out so you have a pair of undies for work the next day.



1 comment:

  1. Bri, Found your link on facebook... great read so far! You may even inspire a teacher trained office minion to actually get off her ass and give teaching a go!! All the best Miss. Swain , Em x

    ReplyDelete